Who Is Covered: Officers, faculty, and staff, including memberships provided to employees of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL).
Categories of Organizations
Organizations in which University membership is permissible are categorized as follows:
• Organizations of universities and colleges, including accrediting agencies (e.g., National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges, International Association of Universities, American Association of Universities, National Commission on Accrediting, Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
• Organizations of professional schools and colleges, including accrediting agencies (e.g., American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, American Society for Engineering Education, Association of American Medical Colleges).
• Organizations of institutional service agencies and administrative officers (e.g., American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Institute of Internal Auditors, Western Association of College and University Business Officers, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators).
• Scholarly societies (e.g., Modern Language Association, American Economic Association).
• Community organizations (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, Urban League).
• Memberships to secure periodicals (e.g., American Society for Testing and Materials, Association for Symbolic Logic, Council for Advancement and Support of Education), or to obtain office supplies and equipment (e.g., membership in discount department store).
• Social organizations (e.g., business, athletic, luncheon, sporting, hotel clubs).
Membership in a social organization shall be approved only if it is determined that the primary use of the membership will be to conduct official University business and that the organization does not engage in discriminatory policies or practices (see section B, Membership Considerations).
1) Read Policy on University Membership in Organizations
2) For multiple memberships, please contact Yara Lewin before ordering
3) Complete the form below, print, and submit to BSO with request form/receipt.
Resources: G-43 (Policy on University Membership in Organizations)