Purpose: University related travel.
- Traveler may use their personal credit card for travel. The same reimbursement process as the Corporate Card would apply. You will be reimbursed for your personal credit card through the payroll system.
- Group Travel: Group travel is when all of the major expenses for all travelers on a trip will be paid for by one person (the Group Leader) or advanced directly by the University. The Group Leader must be established prior to travel. Group Travel can be designated for incoming travel as well as outgoing travel. All travelers should be going to the same place, at the same time, for the same reason on University business. The Group Leader can be a "Silent Group Leader" who does not travel with the group but assumes these responsibilities. If any group members are Non-Resident Aliens, contact Travel Accounting (Travel Experts) for specific requirements. Please contact BSO prior to any group travel.
- DO NOT pay for any part of anyone else's travel unless you are predesignated as a group leader by BSO.
- IMPORTANT: Final accounting for all travel (i.e. Corp Card reimbursement, Advances, etc.) must be made within ten (10) days of return.
- NOTE: the Travel Request Questionnaire has been eliminated.
Instructions for Travel Approval Request
- Please complete the Travel Approval Request Form below and submit to the Dean's support person.
- This is an internal process that needs to be submitted to the Dean of Students for approval. This form no longer needs to be turned in to BSO. BSO recommends keeping the approved document for your records.
Instructions for Pre-Trip Reimbursement
- Please complete and submit the Travel Expense Reimbursement Voucher to BSO.
- Please make sure you attach all receipts needed to process the reimbursement.
- ALL pre-trip requests must be made at the minimum of 3 weeks before travel.
Instructions for Post-Trip Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Please complete and submit the Travel Expense Reimbursement Voucher and Travel Log to BSO.
- Please make sure you attach all reimbursable receipts along with any conference material as proof of attendance (i.e. agenda, conference badge, etc.).
Instructions for Visitor Travel Reimbursement
- For reimbursement to foreign travelers, please visit the Foreign Traveler Checklist. For the Certification of Academic Activity (T182-27), please use this link.
- If we are contracting a non-UC person, travel should be included in the performance agreement. (Please contact BSO immediately before any performance agreements are made.)
- Please contact BSO before any visitor travel committments are made.
- Please complete and submit the Visitor Travel Form to BSO.
- The Visitor Travel Form is applicable to UC staff traveling to teach or speak at UCI and also for candidates applying for UCI departmental positions.
- Departments are responsible for gathering, authorizing, and sumitting the Visitor Travel Form and all other materials to BSO.
- UCI Corporate Travel Card Program
- For more information on UCI Travel Policy and Policy and Regulations Governing Travel G-28, please refer to http://www.policies.uci.edu/adm/pols/715-01.html. For more information about travel insurance, please refer to http://www.ucop.edu/risk-services/loss-prevention-control/travel-assistance/index.html.